Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Graduation Day.

Today was the 8 week, 1 day ultrasound with my RE.  Our little blasto baby is growing.  We saw arm buds, leg buds, and the remainders of the tail and yolk sac (so many things I never knew a baby had!).  The heart beat is strong and the doctor was pleased.  So pleased, in fact, she informed us we were "graduating" from SGF to a regular ob-gyn.  Graduations are joyous occasions  and we're thrilled by her optimism, at the same time though - we'll miss the care they've given us over the last couple of months.



Our official due date is October 22.  That's a special day in our house, as it's also our wedding anniversary.  The second anniversary guideline for gifts is to give cotton.  A baby is way better than cotton.  A baby in a cute cotton Burberry outfit ... well, I'd take that too.



I guess all this means our IVF ride is more than likely over.  In the span of a lifetime, a few bumpy months doesn't amount to much, but we learned a lot during this short period.  We have a deeper sense of love for one another, a unique perspective on the miracle of life, and a good feeling about our future.  What happens to us, shapes us and I think we're stronger people having gone on this "adventure."  We're ready for the next (more joyful) journey.

3 comments:

  1. Due date 10/22?!?!!! Coincidence, I think not :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! I can't wait to buy some cute burberry clothes for baby Madigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cotton also makes excellent yarn for baby knitting :) Very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete