Monday, February 18, 2013

A seed has planted.

Another appointment today ... another ultrasound, another beta test.  H and I arrived by 8am, I had my blood drawn (three vials) by 8:15am, and we were in the ultra sound room shortly there after.   All seemed routine on the monitor (less fluid, fuzzy screen, etc) - but then the doctor pointed out a small black dot.  "We can't confirm it yet, but that looks like a gestational sac,"  she said.  H and I looked at each other with glee ... we sort of marveled over the little spot where our baby will grow.  

(this is someone else's black dot; looks strikingly similar to mine though)

 It was comforting to see the good news and have some reassurance in the morning, as I'd wait until 4pm for my beta results, which thankfully more than doubled again.  All seems to be going well.  I keep wondering when I'll feel confident enough to allow myself to think about pregnancy things (maternity clothes), new baby stuff (nursery), and all the other plans that go along with parenthood.   For now, I mostly focus on the present... and presently, the embryo is about the size of a sesame seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment